I was once again browsing through Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms by Will Richardson, and I stopped to take a look at the section on podcasts. I personally listen to quite a few podcasts, and I really enjoy every one of them. Podcasts can consist of either audio or visual components, or both. I didn't really think of podcasts as classroom tools before I read this part of the book, but it got me thinking about it. I can see using podcasts in the classroom as a discussion forum for different topics. I think it would be great if you had different sections of the same class, you could have each section record their own podcast, and have the other sections respond to the first group's discussion. Podcasts would give students a reason to organize and discuss their thoughts, and take pride in their discussions because anyone can listen in. Podcasts can be used for book discussions in any subject, review sessions, math problems discussions, etc. Podcasts could also be used as a listening tool in the classroom. A class could listen to a podcast for current events, others' thoughts on a particular book or event, or pretty much anything. There are all kinds of different podcasts out there, and they could definitely be implimented into the classroom. They really can be a very powerful tool for students as well as for teachers.
So on the bright thought of podcasts, I thought that I would share some of my favorite podcasts that I listen to. Some of them I listen to every week, and others I tune in every now and then. If anyone else has some fun and interesting podcasts, let me know, I'd love to subscribe. Thanks for reading!
The Totally Rad Show
Diggnation
Filmspotting
Scene/Unseen Movie Reviews
Imprint: A Twilight Podcast
Pottercast: A Harry Potter Podcast
CNN Podcasts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so excited about your podcast selection. I have never listened to a podcast but I am going to try it out! I will defnietely enjoy the Twilight and Harry Potter podcasts. The twilight series had me addicted and I could not put the books down until they were all finished. I did nothing else but read for like 2 weeks! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete